Creative Resource Manager
At Forge, our mantra is “MOVE”. We need a Creative Resource Manager who keeps our teams moving in the right direction, in sync, on schedule, and with purpose. It’s a role that requires process knowledge, and the ability to balance the resources and manage the workflow of creative and account groups within two business units of Forge Worldwide. It will also take insane organization, patient flexibility, and a lot of good humor. Sound like you? Read on.
Forge is a dynamic, growing agency. Our Creative Resource Manager will operate and execute from a planned set of updated processes to give us a minimum of two months of forward vision into resource and staffing needs. This heroic Manager will also act as project management liaison between account and creative teams and manage project timelines, resource allocation, and job completion. We are interested in talking to both freelance and full-time candidates.
Here’s the rundown of hats you would wear:
Creative Resource Management
- Actively manage and improve our resource management system, working with key staff to determine project assignments and communicate them to creative team.
- Continually monitor creative bandwidth, escalate issues as needed, manage and communicate ongoing changes and implications.
- Maintain detailed documentation of all project distribution, updating based on changes to schedule/assignments.
- Research and vet the best free agent creative talent for future hires (copy, design, art direction, video, etc.). Maintain a database of this talent and share as needed.
Project Management Support
- Review estimates and schedules with account and creative teams ensuring SOWs are accurate and schedules aligned with resource availability.
- Daily creative team check-in to ensure tasks align with weekly assignments and schedules.
- Prioritize and monitor projects – their timing, scheduling, and actual vs. planned hours and resources.
- Coordinate creative team reviews with CDs prior to internal account team reviews.
Utilization and Forecasting Oversight
- Evaluate long-term project forecasting, as well as weekly resource requests, to ensure correct hours estimations, identify potential conflicts, and flag resource needs.
- Provide department heads and partners with ongoing visibility into employee availability & utilization, and potential hiring needs.
- Work with Business Development team to keep apprised of pending opportunities and hiring needs.
Creative Freelance Management
- Research and vet the best available freelance creative talent to fill temporary resource needs (copy, design, art direction, video, photography, etc.). Maintain a database of this talent and share as needed.
- Research and vet the best vendors and partners for production needs (rental equipment, talent casting, recording studios, etc.). Maintain a database of these contacts and share as needed.
- Coordinate with IT, Finance and Creative teams to select, secure, schedule, and properly onboard contract talent, including all necessary paperwork.
- Support account team in management of outside production resources, including vendors for digital development, radio production, print production, and photo shoots.
To be effective, candidate needs 5-7 years experience working in resource management, and 2+ years in a marketing/advertising agency setting. Previous experience with Workamajig is a plus, but not a deal breaker.
Forge is an equal opportunity employer. We work hard and play hard in a team setting. You will enjoy competitive pay and benefits, good coffee (depending on who makes it), profit sharing, collaboration, and a ton of good lunch options in our Back Bay neighborhood.
If you think you’re a good match, send a note along with your resume to ResourceJob@forgeworldwide.com.
And get ready to Move.